50 Life Success Secrets
help you too?
So there I was doing my daily search for life success secrets whilst I drank my first coffee.
Aaah.. that first coffee..! It's a ritual.
My old ritual had me drinking coffee first thing whilst checking emails. Then seeing what was happening on Facebook and Twitter.
Eventually, it became apparent that my ritual was so much easier than actually doing some useful work. Things had to change!
Have you ever been there?
Some things don't change though.
Like... I still don't get started straight away.
If I was a car I would be a fairly dated model with a manual choke.
I don't do full revs as soon as I'm switched on.
I take a few moments to.. warm up.
I need time to.. demist!
That's one of my life success secrets!
So now, I do my web-searches and forum lurking first thing. It means I'm doing necessary work for my day without the distraction of some of the more irrelevant dross of social sites.
The ideas sink in as the coffee takes effect (another of my life success secrets).
That's when I found this posting.
It's just a little too.. well.. remarkable to leave it without spreading it about a little.
Here it is:
1. Life isn't fair, but it's still good.
2. When in doubt, just take the next small step.
3. Life is too short to waste time hating anyone.
4. Don't take yourself so seriously. No one else does.
5. Pay off your credit cards every month.
6. You don't have to win every argument. Agree to disagree.
7. Cry with someone. It's more healing than crying alone.
8. It's OK to get angry with God. He can take it.
9. Save for retirement starting with your first paycheck.
10. When it comes to chocolate, resistance is futile.
11. Make peace with your past so it won't screw up the present.
12. It's OK to let your children see you cry.
13. Don't compare your life to others'. You have no idea what their journey is all about.
14. If a relationship has to be a secret, you shouldn't be in it.
15. Everything can change in the blink of an eye. But don't worry; God never blinks.
16. Life is too short for long pity parties. Get busy living, or get busy dying.
17. You can get through anything if you stay put in today.
18. A writer writes. If you want to be a writer, write.
19. It's never too late to have a happy childhood. But the second one is up to you and no one else.
20. When it comes to going after what you love in life, don't take no for an answer.
21. Burn the candles, use the nice sheets, wear the fancy lingerie. Don't save it for a special occasion. Today is special.
22. Overprepare, then go with the flow.
23. Be eccentric now. Don't wait for old age to wear purple.
24. The most important sex organ is the brain.
25. No one is in charge of your happiness except you.
26. Frame every so-called disaster with these words: "In five years, will this matter?"
27. Always choose life.
28. Forgive everyone everything.
29. What other people think of you is none of your business.
30. Time heals almost everything. Give time time.
31. However good or bad a situation is, it will change.
32. Your job won't take care of you when you are sick. Your friends will. Stay in touch.
33. Believe in miracles.
34. God loves you because of who God is, not because of anything you did or didn't do.
35. Whatever doesn't kill you really does make you stronger.
36. Growing old beats the alternative - dying young.
37. Your children get only one childhood. Make it memorable.
38. Read the Psalms. They cover every human emotion.
39. Get outside every day. Miracles are waiting everywhere.
40. If we all threw our problems in a pile and saw everyone else's, we'd grab ours back.
41. Don't audit life. Show up and make the most of it now.
42. Get rid of anything that isn't useful, beautiful or joyful.
43. All that truly matters in the end is that you loved.
44. Envy is a waste of time. You already have all you need.
45. The best is yet to come.
46. No matter how you feel, get up, dress up and show up.
47. Take a deep breath. It calms the mind.
48. If you don't ask, you don't get.
50. Life isn't tied with a bow, but it's still a gift.
We all find things in life that work for us. We all have our own life success secrets
Did you ever think to write them down though?
Wouldn't it be, not just nice, but really helpful if fifty years from now, or a hundred years from now, one of your children, grandchildren, great-great grandchildren came across your list of life success secrets?
Wouldn't it maybe help them in their own life as well as help them understand your life?
Hey, don't just sit there thinking about it! Get on and DO IT! Write your own list of Life Success Secrets!
50 Life Success Secrets
back to Success Articles
back to PSS Blog
back to Practical Success Secrets Home Page